WE ARE LOOKING FOR ......
MANAGER HILLGROVE PASTORAL AND KENNY’S CREEK ANGUS
The position is based at Boorowa NSW and involves the management of the mixed farming enterprise at Hillgrove.
Hillgrove Pastoral encompasses six properties running 20,000 head of cattle in NSW and QLD with our southern properties operating a mix of prime lambs, cropping and the Angus stud, Kenny’s Creek. Also operating within the Group, KC Natural operates as a lamb and beef exporter with feedlot operations at Forbes.
The Manager of Hillgrove will join a progressive management team with duties that include managing the complete enterprise mix on the property. The operational structure of the Company is strongly influenced by the emphasis on the management team. This group is responsible for the development of strategic directions, with individual management responsibility related to the property Hillgrove and the genetic operation Kenny’s Creek Angus which has its own management team in support of this role. The property is run in conjunction with Breakfast Creek Station, Cowra, where both breeding and cattle trading operations are based.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To manage a quality mixed farm with well maintained infrastructure
- To oversee team members
- To operate the business in an efficient manner with a long-term objective
- To liaise with advisors and consultants to ensure the operation is safe, profitable and operating according to its legal responsibilities
- To manage the farm and related activities
- Ensure infrastructure is maintained to a high level
- Budget preparation and management
- Expenditure management
- Visible leadership within all areas of the operation
- Supervise and direct team to ensure all Workplace Health and Safety policies and QA procedures are adhered to.
Located near Boorowa NSW with preschool, hospital and excellent schools and services. One and a half hours to Canberra and three and a half hours on Hume Highway to Sydney.
The Manager’s accommodation is a recently renovated and very comfortable three bedroom, two bathroom house and a separate Manager’s office within the shared KC Natural office.
Cropping and livestock experience with an interest in cattle genetics and modern breeding techniques. Whilst previous stud experience is advantageous it is not essential if supplemented by enthusiasm and working knowledge of cattle production. It is very much a “hands on” role supported by a strong team and high quality equipment.
Interest can be expressed to Sam Burton Taylor by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0403 180 804
STOCKMAN / PEN RIDER FOR THE MOUNT
Trainee Stockman required for farm duties at The Mount feedlot. Preference for horse riding experience (own horses best) and other duties relating to operation of feedlot. Enquiries to email@example.com Mob 0409 804 302